Send As SMS

Sunday, September 04, 2005

My 3 days at COMEX IT FAIR

My 3 days at COMEX IT FAIR
The 1st Day:
I looked high and low, high and low... and I jumped, up and down, up and down... It was a futile attempt, amidst the crowd, the humana traffic jam... I could hardly breathe... Air was at its freshiest below my waist. I stooped down and starting taking in deep breaths furiously - 'in, out... in, in, in, in out...' ''Wah! There are like a thousand people here! It would definitely be a good time for enemies to drop a little, teeny bomb here now and S'pore would be partly crippled!' Nevertheless, I continued to strut through the crowd - catching whiffs of sweat and perspiration in the meantime...
Finally, I spotted the BIG, WHITE headboard that I've been searching for and I pounced on it! CANON! Yippeez! and I just bought it without hesitation! MY VERY OWN CAMERA - IXUS 50! (though I like the Ixus 700 better but it's a freaking 799 and way, way above my budget! Somemore, 650 is already my maximum budgeted amount for a camera and my heart's already bleeding... *sobzsobz*) I'm so happy! (heeheez, what an irony! *bleah*) I can finally have my own camera again and to relive my olden days of photo-taking! No more embarassing moments of borrowing cameras from people and no more venting frustration on the poor, forever-low-in-batt-who-died-after-taking-4-shots-though-it's-fully-charged Olympus le!
Then I started to wonder... Why is it that pulled me back from buying the camera at the IT fair that was held previously? Somemore, it was priced at 649 the other time and still 649 when I bought it... Ah-hA! That's bcos there's always a time for everything and that now is the time for me to have my very own camera!

The 2nd Day:
Yupz, I was at the IT Fair again... After rushing headlong through the crowd and the human stampede again, HSPP and I went up to the World Food Fair and I bought a WHOLE BOX (consisting of 6 stix - 1 for each of my family members and an extra 1 for my little sis! Her fav~~~) of Tio Gluton's cheesecake stix! and while doing so, I encountered a SUPER, DUPER awkward moment!
Me: (peering over the glass counter, I spotted a lady squatting down and bending over several boxes) Excuse me?
Me: Excuse me?!?
Me: Hello, Miss? Excuse me??
Me: Xiao2 Jie2!
Me: (angrily. I stomped away and fumed to HSPP...) She refused to chup me when I called her!
Me: (I turned and looked at the counter again... and there she was! standing at the counter... waiting... was she looking at me? hmmmz...)
Me: (I walked back to the counter, coz I REALLY, REALLY wanna buy the cheesecake stix for my sis... Somehow or other, I felt myself staring at her chest when I walked towards her... Hmmz...) Hi! Are there any cheesecake left?
She: (looked bewildered...) ya?
Me: Can I have a box of cheesecake?
She: (nodded)
Me: There are 6 stix rite? (pointing to the box...)
She: (nodded)
Me: (stared at the promotion pamphlet on the counter... 'Free cream puff with every $6 purchase...' Hmmm... is for next purchase or what?)
She: You want to buy somemore? already 5.50 le... just one more than you will have one cream puff...
Me: (AH-GACKZ!!!! SHE is not a SHE but is a 'SHE'!!!! OH MANZ! No wonder 'she' didn't reply when I kept calling out to 'her' just now!!! So embarrasing!)
'She': You want to buy? One more already... (looked at me with 'her' big eyes...)
Me: (still looking at her - spellbound, dumbfounded... I could feel a wash of shock spiralling through )
HSPP: (looked at me...) Erm, I don't think we need....tks! (smiled back at 'she' and gave me a nudge!)
Me: Huh?Ya...it's ok... (then I walked off...)
That's how I spent my 2nd day at the Fair though I also ate Soy Bean Ice-cream! Mmmm, how it taste like? just like Soy Bean Drink lor! oxo

The 3rd & Last Day (arghz! getting tired of the place, though I don't mind if I'm working there but not as a consumer ="( ):

Sigh! Back at the Fair againz! Never in my life have I gone to one fair so many times! and all bcos my box of apparatus is incomplete! Sigh~~~ though the missing part isn't that important at all, but I really prefer to own a complete set instead of knowing that there's something I should have but it wasn't there. You get what I mean? Sounds niao-ish but guess that's how I am, prefering things to be complete and full, and the same goes for work too! I like my stuff to be all done as soon as possible... don't like to keep things on hold just like the certfication of the lucky draw... my manager only reviewed it last Fri! ="(
Then after getting all heated up, my tummy's growling againz... so paiseh! then I went off to the Food Fair againz! and this time round I really, really bought and ate alot! (Geez! Already AM feeling like a pig already, but I didn't think about it while I was there, happily buying the stuff! *bleah*)

Here's a list of things that I ate, gluttonly!

  1. Bratswurst sausage - local style (ordered 1 cheese and 1 char siew. The cheese was pretty delightful but the char siew? well, it really tasted very char siew-ly though I was actually expecting the taste of Taiwan Sausage rather than the char siew flavour...)
  2. Macau Fried Hor Fun (knew why the queue that I was in was shorter than the other, coz it's not being fried was thoroughly and well as the other... *sobz*)
  3. Mee Siam (it would well do with more chilli and lime! though HSPP volunteered to chew on the lime to squeeze the juice out! EEukS!)
  4. Fried Sea-weed (hmm, a cold dish, but really feels as though I'm eating century egg...)
  5. Turkish Ice-Cream (missed the one that I had during my JC days at FEP. Well, it's supposed to be that same stall but it wasn't the same Uncle anymore lez... maybe he has gone back to Turkey, seeing such poor business in S'pore? and it costs $2.50! Inflation le! Last time it was only $1.50 and $2.00 if you want 2 flavours!)
  6. Limeade (I like this the BEST as compared with Lemonade =p)

I didn't managed to take pics of the heavenly food coz we kept standing in the middle of the chairs and tables just to dodge outta people's path to finish up the hot, scalding food... and some little boy kept laughing and smiling at us whilst he enjoyed eating his satay dipped in piping hot peanut-satay sauce and slurping his abalone soup! Hmphz!

While on the way home, I passed by Boon Lay's pasar-malam. And well, yes I ate againz tooz... heeheez! No wonder SH kept calling me 'zhu'! Well, I only bought Ramily burger and a stix of prawn balls and that's all le... heeheeez!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web Page Visitor Counter
Nordstrom Coupon



My Wishlist!
. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T100 in RED!

My Lurves!
. camwhoring!
. My PSP


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX