Send As SMS

Friday, August 12, 2005

Zoo!

Zoo!
An excursion to the Zoo! Z-O-O!!! I was really, really excited! Though I was quite shocked and taken aback by the exorbitant price of the entrance ticket! 15 bucks for just the admission ticket and if you wish to take the tram (which is just an elongated buggy around the park), you gotta pay 4 bucks more. Eh, thought it's always better to walk on foot to see the animals coz you wanna see them close up? Weird... but guess it's just another business tactic... nevertheless, I paid the 15 bucks and went in...
"Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho! It's off to the ZOO we go! Lalalala-la, Lalalala-la, Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho!!!" (adapted from Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs =p) I was really happy as I gazed in wonderment at the surroundings... 'Am I really here?'
Haha, guess it sounds pretty boliao and funny that I should get so caught up with just a little visit to the Zoo. But I haven't really been to the Zoo since Primary School and to visit a place of interest in Singapore seems like a luxury item, or at least it is so to me... coz everything is just ex, ex and more ex.
But I really had fun looking at the animals and behaving like 2 giggly, over-sized kids with HSPP and taking pics everywhere we go and also with bags filled with tibits and drinks in hand. Met some primary school kids around the Zoo, really felt like taking a pic with them to reminisce the younger days. I remembered that when I was young and we had such an outing, we packed our own lunchboxes and brought our own waterbottles, unlike these kids nowadays where they can afford to purchase drinks and popcorns and ice-creams for the push-carts littered around the place...
Met with a light drizzle now and then, but it always managed to clear up ulimately, leaving us with freedom to roam about with an umbrella. Seems like the both of us have watched too many animals' cartoons, 3-Ds or animes... every little animal that we see seems to be all associated with the movies that we watched. Like Alex the Lion, the Zebra, Giraffee, the Meerkats, the Hyenas, the Penguins, the Chimpanzees and many more were all linked to the movie, Magadascar. They seems to behave in the almost the same way that was pictured in the movie. I really give movie-makers the thumb-ups for the effort that they put in... they really took alot of effort and time to observe the way the animals behave and move... *applause*
Saw the wild boars that I remembered I took pic with when I was 4 years old. I remembered how stinko it was while I stood there, nose twitching and waiting for my pic to be taken... but this time round, same place and perhaps the same animals but it doesn't stink as badly as before. Perhaps this time round the mood's different and perhaps Zoo doesn't have that many animals anymore so the place doesn't stink.
Walking around the place, I discovered that there were many animals and things that weren't there anymore. Like the animal shows that we used to watched in amazement, well, there is only one show daily on weekdays at 1030am, well, I missed that, and 2 shows on weekends and public holidays. The orange-striped and most original Tiger, well, they weren't around anymore neither, there's only the White Tigers in its place. Though I agree that White Tigers are more rare than orange kind of Tigers, but the Zoo just doesn't seem like a Zoo anymore with them. How about the Panda Bears? or the Brown Bears? or the many Sealions clapping their flippers? They all weren't there anymore, and all I kept seeing were different kinds of deer and monkeys. Mmm, have they all been released back to the wild?
Cool myself off with a Ben&Jerry's Waffle Sundae! Chose a flavour called Phish Food. Dunno what's that about and I still doesn't know what that flavour was about after eating... Sigh! I should have ordered Oatmeal Cookie instead... and imagine I paid $6.50 for a scoop of Phish Food, chocolate fudge, grounded peanuts and M&Ms and a waffle cone. It's only after eating that do I realised that had I pay 5 bucks more, I can have the whole pint to myself! Hmmm... dumbo me...
After so many ramblings n disgruntles, I still like going to the Zoo! Haha, Man is just so weird! Complain and complain but yet they still carry on whatever they are doing... simply boliao rite? But I guess that's Life, to rattle things out and you will feel better! So, don't bottle things up in you, share with others and you will feel relieved of a burden and Life just seems so much Brighter and Better! =D
Rise and Shine! and I need to go work tomorrow... Sigh! and That's part of Life too! To slog your guts out for things that you want... Nitey-O!
Current Mood:
[That's my outfit for the day! with my Adidas slippers and Nike Visor! and of coz a 'picture' taken with My Beloved Ah-Meng, the Orang-Utan! Heeheez! ;p]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web Page Visitor Counter
Nordstrom Coupon



My Wishlist!
. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T100 in RED!

My Lurves!
. camwhoring!
. My PSP


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX