Send As SMS

Friday, July 08, 2005

'Fruitful' Day - Part 1

'Fruitful' Day - Part 1

I've barely reached the end of the day and yet today seems pretty much eventful... Hmmmz...
I was assigned to witness a Lucky Draw for a company and little me was simply delighted! Coz I've never witness such an event before! I was full of anticipation and excitement and armed with my barang-barang I headed down to the centre!
I went into the lift and frantically searched the unit number of the company. Hmm, how come all I see are odd numbers? Where on earth have the even numbers disapeared to? My heart thumping fast and unsettled, coz I'm 5 mins late for our agreed timing! Let's just pray that they will not start the draw before me....
I turned round a corner and I saw the company's name loomed in front of me! BIG and SHINING!! Yayay!!! I was really happy! I walked into the room... a cheerful and lively environment greeted me. Hmmz, that's nice =p then I was led into another room where the official draw would be conducted...
Dull. Gloomy. Dilapidated. Small. Cramped. Boxes. That was the room where the draw would be held. I was disappointed. Then the next thing came.
Marketing Assistant: 'Er, who should conduct the draw ah?'

Huh?!?! You mean you don't know who should be the one doing it? Of coz you people! I'm here to only witness it!
Me: "Hmm, I think it should be your company's management people to do it."
I smiled back at her.
Marketing Assistant: 'Oh... ok!'
She hurried out of the room.

Soon 2 other officers came back with her.

HR Consultant: 'So, I just picked ah? How many winners do I need to pick?'
Oh manz! If you are a staff of this company and the organiser of this advertising gimmick and you do not know, how do you expect me, an outsider to know??
Me: "I think it should be 10. Coz seems like the information that I received stated that there are 10 prizes to be given away."
I indicated on the brochure for her.
Marketing Consultant: 'So what do I need to do with the Lucky Draw Tickets that were drawn out?'
She nudged her face towards the tickets lying on the tiny table.
Do you really mean that you DON'T KNOW?? You are the marketing head for goodness sake! Sigh!
Me: "Well, I suppose you gotta fill up the winners' name onto that piece of paper you've got there."
I pointed out the piece of paper in front of her that was numbered 1-10, waiting patiently to be filled with the winners' names.
Marketing Consultant: 'Oh see... it's for you to fill it up?'
I shaked my head.
Me: "No, it's supposed to be filled up by you."
I smiled sweetly back at her.

Marketing Consultant: 'Oh, can I use your pen?'
I passed it to her...
HR Consultant:'There! All 10 of them! Ok, I go off le... bye!'
She turned and sped off. I stared at her, speechless. She has yet to sign on the list!
Marketing Consultant: 'Eh, there seems to be 2 of the same winners here. What should I go with it?'

I was bemused.

Me: "Well, it depends on your company policies. Whether do you all want to be fair and just treat multiple entries as one or whether do you all want each and every single lucky draw to be treated as one new draw."

Marketing Consultant: 'Oh ok...'

Marketing Consultant: 'Ok, done. Anything you can just talk to my asistant here.'
She started towards the door...
Me: "Wait! Your colleague and you need to initial on the paper here."
I pointed to the space with the words 'Name/Signature' happily sitting on top...
Marketing Consultant: 'Oh...ok'
She went off and came back with the signed copy.
Marketing Consultant: 'That's all right?'
And she started backing towards the door again...
Me: "Just a moment, there're some things I need to check and clarify with you..."
I talked to her with regards to the documents that I needed and that my main purpose was just to witness the draw today and nothing else. And I asked her if her company needed mine to verify the previous draw.
Marketing Consultant: 'Huh?? You mean you DO NOT know? That you know nothing?'
She stared at me. Eyes wide in astonishment.
C'mon, you are the one who should request for our services not me. And I'm already telling you that I do not want to certify for you coz I did not witness it. I'ts not right to say that I have checked the accuracy of it in the statement. You want to protect yourself, I understand. But I need to protect myself too.
Me: "Of coz I know what I'm doing. But I'm only here for the Lucky Draw, not anything else."

After some heated discussion, we decided to leave it to further discussion with other management... me back to my managers...

Duhz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web Page Visitor Counter
Nordstrom Coupon



My Wishlist!
. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T100 in RED!

My Lurves!
. camwhoring!
. My PSP


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX